Let me start off by saying I am not a seamstress by any measure. My entire history of sewing consists of a variety of Barbie clothes, a tissue box cover in the Junior School and an apron. So saying I'm pretty damn chuffed with myself is an understatement.
I started off with the overgarment drafting tutorial by BurdaStyle with the intention of making a hoodie. Fearing the worst, I decided to "try it out" on some R15/m (about...1.2 pounds per metre) fabric I had lying around. Unfortunately said fabric turned out to be stretchy (or knit, as I know now), which complicated matters.
After basting it together (yay I knew my Gr.7 needlework skills would be up to good use), I started... modifying, as I ALWAYS do. Luckily in this case it all worked out in the end.
I did however cut the fabric of the body wrong, so the stretch goes vertical instead of horizontal, the colour is unfortunately similar to that of jeans and I'm still contemplating whether to add embroidery somewhere to it or not.